Counselling For All
COVID-19 - Following Government advice, all sessions will be offered via Telephone, FaceTime or Skype until further notice.
Before moving to The Edinburgh Clinic and YourGP (Medicalternative) in September 2013, Christina Raeburn ran the Counselling service at GP-Plus since the Edinburgh opening in 2000. Offering an integrative counselling approach for people of all backgrounds, ages and ethnic groups, she also worked alongside the Occupational Health Team offering counselling and psychotherapy to corporate employees.
The main objective of this counselling service is to help individuals identify current difficulties and equip them with strategies to help them cope in the future. A wide range of problems can be treated through counselling and cognitve - behavioural psychotherapy (CBT) including:
- Rape and Sexual Assault
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive - Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Relationship problems
- Eating Disorders
- Both Individuals and couples can be seen.
- All appointments last 50 minutes (longer appointments can be requested).
- Appointments require 48 hours notice in the event of cancellation *
- Insurance - AXA PPP, Cigna, Nuffield Health, Aviva, Bupa (please not that for some policies we require you to pay for treatment on the day and then claim the money back from your insurer)
To Make an appointment in Edinburgh please call:
The Edinburgh Clinic: 0131 447 2340
- New patients are required to pay for the first appointmnet in advance, this is non refundable. Therafter each session is required to be paid for in advance whenever a new appointment is booked (£50.00 of this is non- refundable). This deposit can be transfered to another appointment if 48 hours notice is given but is non-refundable.
To Contact Christina Raeburn:
Mobile: 07712 669433
* Appointments are reserved especially for you. I understand that sometimes schedule adjustments are necessary. Therefore, I respectfully request at least 48 hour notice for cancellations or rescheduling of appointments.
Please understand that when you forget, cancel, or change your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time, and patients on my cancellation list miss the opportunity to receive treatment.
Any appointment missed, late cancelled, or changed without 48 hour notice will result in a charge equal to 100% of the reserved service amount. Payments not received for these sessions shall incur interest charges after 21 days.